Applying for the 2021
PCOS Challenge Family Building Grant
- Travel – If awarded a grant, the grant recipient must be willing and able to travel to the physician’s office for which they have been awarded the grant to receive treatment. Travel expenses are not covered as a part of the grant. Grant recipients must make their own travel arrangements.
- Additional Costs – Precycle testing, medications, anesthesia, and preimplantation genetic testing (PGT) may not be included with some grants.
If such services are needed, grant recipient will need to cover the cost of such services. See the specific grants below for details.
- Have a diagnosis of polycystic ovary syndrome from a physician.
- Be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent U.S. resident.
- Be at least 25 years of age or older.
Personal Statement and Supporting Materials
Applicant must include a personal statement (400 – 500 words) and all supporting materials in order to complete the grant application.
Applications will NOT be considered if they do not contain the requested supporting materials below:
- Letter from applicant’s physician in PDF format confirming applicant’s diagnosis of infertility caused by or related to polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) and that IVF is indicated for the applicant.
- Headshot or photo of applicant or couple
3. Video Statement (Optional)
- Applicant may provide a short video statement about why she/the couple is applying for this grant (up to two minutes). A link to an “Unlisted” or public video on YouTube or Vimeo may be submitted.
- 2021 Grant application available online – 9/18/21
- 2021 Grant submission deadline – 11/24/21
- 2021 Grant decision announcement – 12/20/21
The Grant options currently include two options for a free IVF cycle.
Choose from the following options:
Option 1: IVF Cycle from Dr. Mark Trolice of Fertility CARE: The IVF Center in
Winter Park, Florida
Additional eligibility requirements:
- Age 25-40
- BMI less than 40
- No medical contraindications
- Precycle Testing
- Other items not normally included in an IVF cycle
Option 2: IVF cycle from RMA Connecticut available to PCOS patients living in Connecticut or Poughkeepsie, New York and surrounding areas
- Meets Rotterdam Criteria and diagnosed with PCOS by physician
- Applicants must be between 25 and 40 years of age
- AMH > or = 1.0
- Highest Day 3 FSH of < or = 10
- Basal Antral Follicle Count (BAFCT) > or = 10
- BMI < or = 38
- Total motile sperm count greater than 5 million
- Non-smoking (both applicant and partner)
- Normal uterine cavity as documented by HSG and/or SHG
- No hydrosalpinx
- Diagnostic work-up and pre-cycle testing including uterine evaluation (HSG, SIS/SHG, hysteroscopy)
- Cycle medications
- TESE/MESA if required
- Any cycle monitoring not performed at a RMACT location
- Cryopreservation of eggs, sperm and/or embryos
- Storage of frozen eggs, sperm and/or embryos
- Embryo testing (PGT, PGD)
- Pregnancy testing at the conclusion of the cycle
- Medical treatment subsequent to your IVF cycle such as a miscarriage, biochemical or ectopic pregnancy
- Checklist blood work including any required follow-up testing
Terms and Disclaimer
PCOS Challenge Contact Form.