Applying for the
PCOS Challenge Family Building Grant
The PCOS Challenge Family Building Grant was created to help PCOS patients struggling with infertility caused by polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) build their families. The PCOS Challenge Family Building Grant includes a free IVF cycle.* Grants are awarded once per year. Please carefully review the criteria for each option for which you are applying.
* Costs Not Covered by Grant
- Travel – If awarded a grant, the grant recipient must be willing and able to travel to the physician’s office for which they have been awarded the grant to receive treatment. Travel expenses are not covered as a part of the grant. Grant recipients must make their own travel arrangements.
- Additional Costs – Precycle testing, medications, anesthesia, and preimplantation genetic testing (PGT) may not be included with some grants.
If such services are needed, grant recipient will need to cover the cost of such services. See the specific grants below for details.
To qualify, applicant MUST:
- Have a diagnosis of polycystic ovary syndrome from a physician.
- Be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent U.S. resident.
- Be at least 25 years of age or older.
Personal Statement and Supporting Materials
Applicant must include a personal statement (400 – 500 words) and all supporting materials in order to complete the grant application.
Applications will NOT be considered if they do not contain the requested supporting materials below:
1. Physician Statement(s)
- Letter from applicant’s physician in PDF format confirming applicant’s diagnosis of infertility caused by or related to polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) and that IVF is indicated for the applicant.
- Headshot or photo of applicant or couple
3. Video Statement (Optional)
- Applicant may provide a short video statement about why she/the couple is applying for this grant (up to two minutes). A link to an “Unlisted” or public video on YouTube or Vimeo may be submitted.
- Grant submission deadline – 1/31/23
- Grant decision announcement – 2/6/23
The Grant options currently include two options for a free IVF cycle.
Choose from the following options:
Option 1: IVF Cycle from Dr. Mark Trolice of The IVF Center in
Winter Park, Florida
Additional eligibility requirements:
- Age 25-40
- BMI less than 40
- No medical contraindications
- Precycle Testing
- Other items not normally included in an IVF cycle
Option 2: IVF cycle from Illume Fertility available to PCOS patients living in Connecticut or Poughkeepsie, New York and surrounding areas
- Meets Rotterdam Criteria and diagnosed with PCOS by physician
- Applicants must be between 25 and 40 years of age
- AMH > or = 1.0
- Highest Day 3 FSH of < or = 10
- Basal Antral Follicle Count (BAFCT) > or = 10
- BMI < or = 38
- Total motile sperm count greater than 5 million
- Non-smoking (both applicant and partner)
- Normal uterine cavity as documented by HSG and/or SHG
- No hydrosalpinx
- Diagnostic work-up and pre-cycle testing including uterine evaluation (HSG, SIS/SHG, hysteroscopy)
- Cycle medications
- TESE/MESA if required
- Any cycle monitoring not performed at an Illume Fertility location
- Cryopreservation of eggs, sperm and/or embryos
- Storage of frozen eggs, sperm and/or embryos
- Embryo testing (PGT, PGD)
- Pregnancy testing at the conclusion of the cycle
- Medical treatment subsequent to your IVF cycle such as a miscarriage, biochemical or ectopic pregnancy
- Checklist blood work including any required follow-up testing
Terms and Disclaimer
By applying for the PCOS Challenge Family Building Grant, applicants agree to be contacted by PCOS Challenge, the physician’s office offering treatment, and any third parties responsible for providing services related to the grants.
PCOS Challenge, Inc. does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions or other information from third parties. Neither PCOS Challenge, Inc., nor their principals, employees, board members or volunteers shall be liable for any claims, losses, liability, costs or expenses arising from services, or injury from services, utilized by awardees of the PCOS Challenge Family Building Grant.
We appreciate your interest in the PCOS Challenge Family Building Grant. If you have questions regarding the grant, please submit them using the
PCOS Challenge Contact Form.
PCOS Challenge Contact Form.