This grant was made possible through an endowment from PCOS Diva and support from:
Applying for the 2019
PCOS Diva/PCOS Challenge Confidence Grant
The PCOS Diva/PCOS Challenge Confidence Grant was created to help women and girls struggling with hair and skin issues related to Polycystic Ovary Syndrome. The grants are awarded in amounts up to $500 per individual to assist with the costs associated with treatments and options for hair and skin issues related to PCOS, including dermatology treatments, laser hair removal, electrolysis, androgenetic alopecia solutions and others. Payments are made directly to the provider performing the treatments.
The only restrictions for applying are:
- Applicant MUST have a diagnosis of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome from a physician.
- Applicant MUST be a legal permanent US resident.
- Applicant MUST be at least 18 years of age or application must be completed by a parent or legal guardian if prospective grant recipient is less than 18 years of age.
There are currently no other restrictions. The grant is offered twice per year, and the number of applications funded as well as the amount of funding depend on endowment funds received and fundraising activities.
Grant applications will be reviewed and selected twice per year – once in the spring and once in the fall. The application and all supporting documents must be received by May 1 for the Spring grant review and November 1st for the Fall grant review. Incomplete or late applications will not be reviewed.
Dates of Interest
- Grant application is available online for the FALL beginning 8/21/19
- Grant submission deadline for FALL consideration 11/13/19
- Grant decisions announced for FALL funding 12/10/19
- Grant application is available online for the SPRING beginning 2/18/20
- Grant submission deadline for SPRING consideration 5/1/20
- Grant decisions announced for SPRING funding 7/14/20
Personal Statement and Supporting Materials
Applicant must include a personal statement (500 – 1,000 words) and all supporting materials in order to complete the grant application. Applications will NOT be considered if they do not contain the requested supporting materials below:
1. Physician Statement(s)
- Required: Letter from applicant’s physician confirming applicant’s diagnosis of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) in PDF format.
- Optional: Letter from physician confirming applicant’s PCOS related hair and skin issues in PDF format. The previous confirmation letter may also contain this information.
- At least one photo showing applicant’s reason for applying for this grant (e.g. picture of acne, hirsutism or hair loss).
3. Video Statement (Optional)
Applicant may provide a short video statement about why she is applying for this grant (up to two minutes). A link to an “Unlisted” or public video on Youtube or Vimeo, or a video uploaded to PCOSChallenge.com/video may be submitted.
Terms and Disclaimer
By applying for the PCOS Diva/PCOS Challenge Confidence Grant, applicants agree to be contacted by PCOS Challenge, PCOS Diva and any third parties responsible for providing services related to the grants. Awardees are also encouraged to participate in PCOS Challenge PCOS awareness campaigns.
PCOS Challenge, Inc. does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions or other information from third parties. Neither PCOS Challenge, Inc., PCOS Diva, nor their principals, employees, board members or volunteers shall be liable for any claims, losses, liability, costs or expenses arising from services, or injury from services, utilized by awardees of the PCOS Diva/PCOS Challenge Confidence Grant.
Contributions to Grant
We appreciate your interest in the PCOS Diva/PCOS Challenge Confidence Grant. If you have questions regarding the grant, please submit them using the PCOS Challenge Contact Form