PCOS Challenge: The National Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Association is thrilled to host the PCOS Awareness Symposium at Convene CityView in Philadelphia on Saturday, September 25, 2021.
The PCOS Awareness Symposium features world-leading experts on polycystic ovary syndrome and brings together clinicians, researchers, people with PCOS, and their supporters for a day of sharing experiences, insights, and the latest updates about the condition.
Along with the excitement of an in-person event comes the utmost care and consideration for attendees’ safety. PCOS Challenge acknowledges the challenges that come with events during the COVID-19 pandemic and is working alongside Convene to ensure the latest safety protocols are in place and followed.
Convene’s commitment to creating the safest, healthiest meeting spaces possible is done in the following ways:
- Enhancing their Hybrid Meetings platform that combines proprietary technology with safe on-site experiences
- Implementing disclosures, active monitoring, and temperature checking
- Frequent communication and transparency about evolving protocols
- Increasing cleaning and disinfection frequency, providing access to sanitation, supplies, and improving the quality of air circulated through their spaces
- Updating their service and hospitality standards
Terms of Event Participation and Required Actions at the Venue (Updated – Proof of Vaccination Required)
1. The 2021 PCOS Awareness Symposium will be a hybrid event with in-person, virtual, and some live-streamed sessions. This type of event structure supports the maximum number of participants while maintaining proper COVID-19 safety protocols. Adherence to Convene event policy and guidelines will be continuously monitored and enforced by venue personnel.
2. In line with its mission to provide the safest meeting space possible, the event venue, Convene CityView, is now requiring proof of vaccination status in order to enter its facilities. Individuals who are unable to provide proof of vaccination will not be allowed to enter the venue.
If you are attending the in-person event, you must be fully vaccinated and you must properly wear a mask covering your mouth and nose for the entire event (except when eating). People are considered fully vaccinated: 2 weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine. Per the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), if you have a condition or are taking medications that weaken your immune system, you may NOT be fully protected even if you are fully vaccinated. Talk to your healthcare provider. Even after vaccination, you may need to continue taking all precautions.
3. On-site requirements:
If you are attending the live event, you, and each person in your party if applicable, will be required to show proof of vaccination to the venue, Convene, and to sign and submit the PCOS Challenge COVID-19 Safety Statement and Attendee Waiver upon arrival at the venue as a confirmation of your intent and commitment to abide by the policies put in place to protect Symposium attendees and venue staff.
The PCOS Challenge COVID-19 Safety Statement and Attendee Waiver that all attendees must sign will include the following or similar statements:
- I agree that I am attending this event at my own risk, including risks associated with COVID-19 or its variants.
- I confirm that if I have been fully vaccinated as defined by the CDC and I will properly wear a mask covering my nose and mouth for the entire event.
- I declare I do not currently have COVID-19 nor am I experiencing or exhibiting any COVID-19 related symptoms as outlined by the CDC such as fever, dry cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, or sudden loss of taste/smell.
- I declare I have not traveled internationally to an area highly impacted by COVID-19 within the last 14 days.
- I declare to the best of my knowledge I have not been exposed to a person or animal with a positive and confirmed case of COVID-19 within the last 14 days.
- I acknowledge I may be removed from the event or asked to leave the event by Convene or PCOS Challenge staff should I exhibit any behavior in direct contrast to venue and PCOS Challenge guidelines and safety measures.
4. Accepted form of proof of vaccination:
- Official CDC vaccination card
5. Making a change to your registration type. – A reminder that the symposium will be live-streamed and you can attend from the comfort of your own home! Email PCOS Challenge using our contact form if you have already registered and wish to change your on-site ticket to a virtual one due to these venue policy changes.